Leading Beyond Crisis
A professional learning community that explores leading beyond crisis through Recovery, Restoration, and Re-Vision.
Goal: To create vibrant, interactive, virtual space for collaborative, supportive, and innovative learning amongst educational leaders in schools and/or systems continuing to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Session Dates and Times:
All synchronous sessions will be held 3:30 - 5:00 pm EST.
- Session 1: June 9 - Recovery
- Session 2: June 16 - Restoration
- Session 3: June 23 - Re-vision
- Session 4: June 30 - Re-vision
- Session 5: July 28 - Regrouping
Location: Online (Zoom)
Who Should Enroll?
This virtual online workshop is designed for school and district administrators across public and private school sectors.
Participants in this PLC will receive guidance and support focused on the following themes:
- Recovery: In Session 1, leaders will examine the importance of tending to themselves and their fellow educators in mental health and wellness.
- Restoration: In Session 2 , leaders will explore ways to efficiently and authentically assess what has been broken and lost over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, and mitigate the damage done.
- Re-vision: In Sessions 3 and 4, leaders will reimagine practices moving forward, exploring innovations that can stick, and distinguishing reacting to a pandemic from fighting inequities that are endemic.
- Re-group: In Session 5, after a four-week break, leaders will come back together to finalize plans for applying their learning in the coming academic year.
Certification of Completion:
The Lynch School is a state-approved provider of Professional Development Points. 15 PDPs will be provided to participants upon successful completion of all session requirements, attendance at all sessions, and the course evaluation survey.
Please note that all participants from outside Boston College will not receive academic credit nor a transcript documenting their participation in this workshop series. However, all participants will be awarded a certificate of completion to apply to their professional development plans.
Fees & Policies:
Tuition includes all instructional materials. Participants receive a certificate of participation and professional development points.
Registration closes June 9th at 3:30pm. Refunds will only be granted up until the start of the first workshop on June 9th. No refunds will be granted for registration or technical errors on the participant's part (such as incorrect name/email, login failure, etc.).
The Lynch School Professional and Continuing Education Office reserves the right to cancel offerings at its discretion. In the unlikely event of offering changes, the school is not responsible for planning expenses incurred.
Additional offerings from the Lynch School Professional & Continuing Education Office can be found on our website.